Free Chicago Thyroid Cancer Patient Education Day with Eight Physician Speakers To Be Held September 9, 2017
Chicago, Illinois— Eight physician specialists headline the free Thyroid Cancer Patient Education Day on Saturday, September 9, 2017, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Sheraton Grand Chicago, Second Floor: Michigan A Conference Room, 301 East North Water Street, Chicago, Illinois.
This educational event is hosted by the American Academy of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery Foundation, in conjunction with its annual meeting. ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. (www.thyca.org) is collaborating in this event.
- Nishant Agrawal, M.D., University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Peter Angelos, M.D., University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Ronald Cohen, M.D., University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Ray Grogan, M.D., University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Miriam Lango, M.D., Fox Chase Cancer Center, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Joseph Scharpf, M.D., Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
- Ralph P. Tufano, M.D., M.B.A., FACS, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
- Mark Zafereo, M.D., M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
Get answers to these important questions.
• What are the different types of thyroid cancer?
• Is there an epidemic of thyroid cancer?
• I have side effects from thyroid cancer treatment: What can be done?
• I have thyroid cancer. Should my family get screened?
• How much surgery is needed for thyroid cancer?
• What should be done with the lymph nodes? Surgery?
• Where should I get my thyroid cancer treatment, and why?
• What is my risk of my thyroid cancer coming back?
• Why are some thyroid cancers considered not invasive?
• What does the thyroglobulin blood test mean?
• How often do I need testing after treatment and why?
• Do I need radioiodine treatment and why?
• My thyroid cancer has come back: now what?
Program Schedule and Parking Options
Register online (free)
Walk-in attendees are also welcome.
For thyroid cancer information and free materials from ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc., e-mail to email@example.com; write to PO Box 1102, Olney, MD 20830-1102; call toll-free 1-877-588-7904; or visit our website.