Free Midwest Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Workshop To Be Held on Saturday, April 21, 2012, in Lake Ozark, Missouri
The 8th Annual Midwest Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Workshop will be held on Saturday, April 21, 2012, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., at the Country Club Hotel, 301 Carol Road, Lake Ozark, Missouri. This free event is sponsored by the nonprofit ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. (www.thyca.org) and is open to everyone interested in thyroid cancer.
The workshop is a free day of education and support for people at all stages of thyroid cancer testing, treatment, and follow-up. Caregivers, friends, and everyone interested are welcomed to come and learn from physicians and other specialists, and to learn and share with other thyroid cancer survivors and families.
- Jeffrey B. Jorgensen, M.D., Otolaryngologist-Head and Neck Surgery; Assistant Professor, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, MO
- Uzma Khan, M.D., Endocrinologist, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Cosmopolitan International Diabetes and Endocrinology Center, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- J. B. Svoboda, M.D., Endocrinologist, Adult Medicine & Endocrinology Specialists, Regional Services Cox Health, Springfield, MO
- Debbie Ritchie, R.N., Advanced ENT Nurse Practitioner, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- Plus Edie Dodson, Genzyme, as well as a Thyroid Cancer Survivor Panel
Topics include the ABC’s of Thyroid Cancer: An Overview of Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Surgery: Improving Medical and Cosmetic Outcomes, Living with Thyroid Cancer & Long-Term Medical Considerations, How and When Do I Take My Thyroid Medicine, and more.
For nurses, Nursing Contact Hours will be offered. Free neck checks are available.
Attendees may come for all or part of the day. Walk-in attendees are welcome. Register either online in advance on our website (use the form in the Workshops section or onsite at the workshop).
Hotel rooms at the Country Club Hotel are available to workshop attendees for $89 plus tax. Free parking is available at the hotel.
ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. is an international nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization of thyroid cancer survivors, family members, and health care professionals. For more information e-mail: to firstname.lastname@example.org; write to PO Box 1545, New York, NY 10159-1545; call toll-free: 1-877-588-7904; or visit our website.