Free Texas/Southwest Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Workshop To Be Held on Saturday, July 21, 2012, in Plano, TX
The 4th Annual Texas/Southwest Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Workshop will be held on Saturday, July 21, 2012, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Medical Center Plano, Building III – 3rd Floor Auditorium, 4001 West 15th Street, Plano, TX 75093.
This free event is sponsored by the nonprofit ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. (www.thyca.org) and is open to everyone interested in thyroid cancer.
The workshop is a free day of education and support for people at all phases of thyroid cancer testing, treatment, and follow-up. Caregivers, friends, and everyone interested are welcomed to come and learn from specialists, and to learn and share with other thyroid cancer survivors and families.
Attendees may come for all or part of the workshop. Walk-in attendees are welcome. There will be free parking. Register either online in advance on www.thyca.org (use the form in the Workshops section) or onsite at the workshop. Onsite registration begins at 8:30 a.m., the Welcome at 8:45 a.m., and the speakers at 9 a.m. The program schedule includes:
- 9 – 10 a.m. Barbara Fraser, L.P.C., Counselor, Green Oaks Counseling Services
- 10 – 11 a.m. Randy Shulkin, R.Ph., Pharmacist, Medical Center of Plano
- 11 a.m.- 12 noon. Dennis M. Abbott, D.D.S., Dental Oncology Professionals of North Texa
- 12 noon – 1 p.m. Maggie Powell, R.N., B.S.N., Genzyme (Thyrogen)
- 1 – 2p.m. Roundtable Discussions and Video: ThyCa Volunteers— Young Adult Survivors, ThyCa Dallas Volunteers, Caregiver, and Thyroid Cancer’s Magic Bullet Video (Time Permitting)
For more workshop information, call 1-972-384-1866 or 1-877-588-7904 or visit ThyCa’s web site www.thyca.org. For directions and more information, visit www.mapquest.com or the ThyCa Dallas Support Group web page.
ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. www.thyca.org is an international nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization of thyroid cancer survivors, family members, and health care professionals. For more information e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org; write to: PO Box 1545, New York, NY 10159-1545; call toll-free: 1-877-588-7904; or visit our website.