Free Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Workshop with 6 Physician Speakers To Be Held Saturday, May 12, 2018, in Silver Spring, Maryland
Physicians specializing in endocrinology, nuclear medicine, and surgery headline the upcoming 17th Annual Thyroid Cancer Workshop in the DC area, sponsored by ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc., on Saturday, May 12, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Holy Cross Hospital, 1500 Forest Glen Road, Silver Spring, Maryland.
This event is free. Patients, caregivers, friends, and everyone interested are invited to come and learn from experts, get answers to questions about thyroid cancer care and research, and take part in discussion roundtables with other thyroid cancer survivors and families.
Everyone interested is welcome to attend for all or part of the day. Walk-in attendees are welcome, or register online in advance.
Physician speakers include:
- Melanie Blank, M.D., Nephrologist and Yoga Teacher, Silver Spring, MD
- Kenneth D. Burman, M.D., Endocrinologist, MedStar Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
- Vaninder K. Dhillon, M.D., Otolaryngologist, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Bethesda, MD
- Erin A. Felger, M.D., Surgeon, Medstar Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
- Jacqueline Jonklaas, M.D., Endocrinologist, MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Kanchan P. Kulkarni, M.D., Nuclear Medicine Physician, MedStar Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
- Alissa Mendes, R.D., L.D.N., Registered Dietitian, Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, Rockville, MD
In addition to the physicians’ presentations and question-and-answer sessions on thyroid cancer care and research, the day will include discussion roundtables led by thyroid cancer survivors. Roundtable topics will include coping with thyroid cancer in the short and long term, vocal cord issues, stress and fears around testing and treatment, and complementary approaches for well-being.
Host groups for this free event are four ThyCa Support Groups: ThyCa Baltimore, ThyCa Northern Virginia, ThyCa Rockville, and ThyCa Washington, DC.
Visit our Conferences Page for details and online registration.
ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. is an international nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization of thyroid cancer survivors, family members, and health care professionals, advised by internationally recognized thyroid cancer specialists and serving people worldwide since 1995. For more information e-mail to: email@example.com; write to: PO Box 1102, Olney, MD 20830-1102; call toll-free: 1-877-588-7904; or visit our website.