Preview: The 2016 International Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Conference
Save These Dates —The 19th International Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Conference, October 21-23, 2016
Come and learn the latest from experts, get answers to your questions, meet new friends, and share your experiences and your tips for coping with the many challenges of thyroid cancer.
The Conference takes place at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport Hotel, 5711 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles California.
You’re invited to attend for 1, 2, or all 3 days. Wherever you are in your thyroid cancer journey, whatever type of thyroid cancer you have, or whether it’s your friend or relative or patient who has this disease, you are welcome to come.
Advance registration is open, either online or by mail.
Scholarships are available on request.
Hotel room reservations are also open at the same special rate of $129 plus tax for single, double, triple, and quad rooms. Click here for more details and to make your hotel reservation now.
Visit the Conference page for more details, to register for the conference, and to reserve your hotel room.
We look forward to seeing you in Los Angeles!
Introducing Our Confirmed Speakers — More Being Confirmed
We’re excited to announce our confirmed speakers. Many will lead more than one session.
Come meet these professionals, learn the latest, and ask your questions.
To get an idea of the wide range of topics and sessions to choose from, visit our Conference page, scroll down to last year’s conference and previous conferences, and read through their program Schedules.
Plus More — Roundtables, Meetups, and Special Events During Conference 2016
We invite you to get involved in the many informal roundtable discussions and the other special events during the weekend. These are great places to give and receive support in person from people who understand what you are going through, who want to hear your stories, and who will offer encouragement and support.
Whether you’re new to the conference or have attended before, you’ll discover numerous welcome and get-acquainted opportunities. These include
- Thursday Evening Informal Conversations and ice-breaker opportunities. Come early and get more comfortable with the ThyCa Conference experience
- Numerous Roundtables on varied topics on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Friday Evening Reception and Informal Social Time With Refreshments
- Friday Group Dinner opportunities. Go out with new friends, or catch up with friends you met at a prior conference, or a group of both
- Medullary Dinner on Friday Evening
- Young Adults Get-Together on Friday Evening
- Saturday Evening Dinner Auction Research Fundraiser
The Creative Expressions Display at the Conference: Send Your Writings and Art
Share your poetry, other writings, and art in the Creative Expressions Display.
E-mail your contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Praise from Past Attendees
- There were lots of options and sessions to satisfy anyone who attended. I love the doctor sessions as well as the roundtable time. I learned a lot.
- How friendly this group is, and accepting.
- Good to have so many choices. Great presenters and patient-oriented physicians and others.
- So glad I came–wonderful speakers.
- Both supportive information and good learning experience.
- Great to meet others who share the thyroid cancer journey… This was my first conference and there was so much information to absorb.
- One to one with some of the doctors was the best feature.
- Lots of terrific information and sharing.
- Good relaxed approach for getting to know people and their concerns.
- This is my first ThyCa conference–Fantastic!
- What a great opportunity to learn and share experiences.
- The sessions helped make us informed patients by having so many knowledgeable, patient, and friendly physicians plus other medical specialists. All gave us greater insights into all aspects of thyroid cancer and all topics related to it. You can learn something new every year at the International Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Conference.
- It was wonderful!
Questions? Would you like to volunteer before or during the Conference?
E-mail us at email@example.com.
Visit our website often for conference news and updates.