ThyCa Expands its Medical Advisory Council
ThyCa Expands Its Medical Advisory Council
July 17, 2014 — ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. is pleased to announce the expansion of its Medical Advisory Council with the addition of the newest members:
- Andrew J. Bauer, M.D., F.A.A.P, Pediatric Endocrinologist, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Keith C. Bible, M.D., Ph.D., Oncologist, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
- Naifa L. Busaidy, M.D., Endocrinologist, University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
- Maria E. Cabanillas, M.D., Endocrinologist, University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
- Gilbert J. Cote, Ph.D., Molecular Geneticist, University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
- Andrew G. Gianoukakis, M.D., Endocrinologist, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California
- Elizabeth G. Grubbs, M.D., Surgeon, University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
- Joshua P. Klopper, M.D., Endocrinologist, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado
- Barry D. Nelkin, Ph.D., Researcher, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
- Uri Nikiforov, M.D., Ph.D., Pathologist, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Eric J. Sherman, M.D., Oncologist, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
- Jennifer A. Sipos, M.D., Endocrinologist, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Lori J. Wirth, M.D., Medical Oncologist, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, Massachusetts
These 13 new members add to the distinguished experts who provide ongoing input and review of medical information on ThyCa’s web site and its print materials, and participate at the Annual International Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Conference sponsored by ThyCa, as well as meetings throughout the year. ThyCa’s medical advisors help guide and support its goals in education, treatment, and research.
ThyCa will soon add the new advisors’ biographies and photos to its web site’s Medical Advisors page. This page currently has the biographies of 34 of ThyCa’s medical advisors.
“We are grateful to all of our medical advisors for your distinguished service and dedication in support of everyone with thyroid cancer,” said ThyCa Executive Director Gary Bloom.
ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization (tax ID #52-2169434) of thyroid cancer survivors, family members, and health care professionals serving people worldwide and dedicated to education, support, communication, and fundraising for thyroid cancer research.
ThyCa sponsors the annual International Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Conference, as well as Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month, a worldwide observance each September, plus year-round awareness campaigns, research funding, and thyroid cancer research grants.
For information about thyroid cancer, support groups, free publications, a calendar of events, and more resources, e-mail to email@example.com call toll-free at 1-877-588-7904, fax 1-630-604-6078, write PO Box 1102, Olney, MD 20830-1102, or visit the web site.