ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association Names Five New Board Members
ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Assocation, Inc., is pleased to announce five new members of its volunteer Board of Directors.
- Alan Braunstein of Getzville, New York, facilitates the ThyCa Buffalo Support Group for thyroid cancer survivors and caregivers and coordinates ThyCa’s Toll-Free Number.
- Sara Gorrell Brenner of Arlington, Virginia, facilitates the ThyCa Northern Virginia Support Group and was Coordinator of the 2002 Capital Area Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Workshop, which had more than 90 participants.
- Evelyn Gross of Narberth, Pennsylvania, facilitates the ThyCa Philadelphia Support Group and is a volunteer for ThyCa’s Person-to Person Network as well as the Toll-Free Number.
- Elizabeth Irion of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, facilitates the ThyCa Central Pennsylvania Support Group and one of the AOL Thyroid Cancer Mutual Support Groups, where thyroid cancer survivors first came together over the Internet starting in 1995.
- Peggy Melton of Parker, Texas, facilitates the ThyCa Dallas, Support Group and was registrar for ThyCa’s recent international conference weekend, which had more than 360 participants.
Continuing on the board are Ric Blake, Londonderry, New Hampshire; Gary Bloom, Board Chair, Olney, Maryland; Karen Ferguson, Assistant Chair, Charlotte, North Carolina; Joni Eskenazi, Fundraising Chair, Mercer Island, Washington; Ron Grafman, Treasurer, Germantown, Maryland; Leah Guljord, Recording Secretary, West Melbourne, Florida; Melanie Reiser, New York, New York; Betty Solbjor, Webmistress, Waltham, Massachusetts; Megan Stendebach, Conference Coordinator, San Antonio, Texas; and Cherry Wunderlich, Corresponding Secretary, Bethesda, Maryland.
ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc.s an all-volunteer, nonprofit 501( c)(3) organization that provides free support services to thyroid cancer survivors and families.
Services include local and e-mail support groups, an award-winning educational web site, the Person-to-Person Network, an online newsletter, a low-iodine cookbook downloadable from the web site, annual conference and regional workshops. ThyCa’s 6th International Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Conference will take place in Houston, Texas, October 24-26, 2003.
Details about ThyCa’s support services and resources are available on the ThyCa web site, toll free at 1-877-588-7904, and by e-mail at email@example.com.